Statistics

SUPPORT (183 Members) . GROW (7 Association). PROMOTE (Visitors from 14 Countries). (Check The Site's Statistics)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bangalore gets an official guide

A new guide has been launched to help tourist guides show travellers taking a holiday in India the best places to see.

Guides in Bangalore have traditionally worked independently, often taking tourists to predestined shops and restaurants and often missing some of the city's real attractions.

All of this is about to change with the introduction of a guide for guides which was put together by 21-year-old student Mihir Nayak.

'I always had a passion for writing. My mother used to read Enid Blyton to me when I was very young and as a result, I developed a great interest in literature,' Mr Nayak told the NewIndpress.

'My father was the first journalist in Bangalore to cover the eating out scene 25 years ago. So I suppose writing is probably in my genes.'

The guide, entitled Bangalore A Time Out India', is said to have come about after Mr Nayak witnessed a tourist trying to find someone to show him around.

'He was presented with a guide and generally left to himself to figure out where to go and what to do,' he said.

The book features a number of hot-spots in Bangalore and Mr Nayak says he intends to update it every year and will soon release a German language version.

No comments: