Statistics

SUPPORT (183 Members) . GROW (7 Association). PROMOTE (Visitors from 14 Countries). (Check The Site's Statistics)

Monday, January 30, 2006

AIDS awareness programme held

Belgaum heads the list of HIV in the region and hence there is a drastic need to create awareness in the region, said Renuka Shenoy of Prerana Academy, resource person and counsellor of Family Planning Associations of India (FPAI), Belgaum.

She was speaking at an AIDS awareness programme organised by Lingaraj College, Belgaum, in association with the FPAI, Belgaum branch, at the college premises recently. She said lack of proper communication was mainly due to the practice of gender difference.

Renuka said there were some chapters on procreative organs in textbooks, but the students hardly had any knowledge about sex. She elaborately discussed the spread and prevention of HIV.

Renuka said the main cause spreading HIV was unprotected sexual intercourse.

She advised that it was better to be open-minded about sex, and it should be protected.

She stressed on married couples to regularly use condoms.

Sudden loss of weight, rashes on the body, etc., are some of the symptoms of HIV infection, she added.

She said any person could get infected by HIV due to carelessness.

Principal of the college, B K Jagajampi presided over the function. Prof F B Patil welcomed. Ghadkari and Rajashri Goodnavar compered the programme.

Vikas R Kalghatgi, Vice-President, FPAI, Prakash Kalkundrikar, former president of Giants, staff and students were present on the occasion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello The world of Konkani, I’m just searching the web for the
next big thing on advance cash day same and noticed your great
site. Although AIDS awareness programme held wasn’t actually what I was
looking for it DID get my attention and interest. I
see now why I found your great website when I was
searching for advance cash day same related information and I’m
thankful I found your blogsite even though its not an
exact match. Excellent Post, thanks for the read
(It’s a keeper).

Anonymous said...

Hello The world of Konkani, I’m out surfing the web for the latest
information on advance cash magnum and noticed your nice site.
Although AIDS awareness programme held wasn’t exactly what I was looking
for it certainly got my attention. Now I see why I
found your page when I was looking for advance cash magnum
related information and I’m thrilled I found your web
site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post,
thanks for your informative site,